Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The last days in KL

After the bike was safely packed away we had another chance to wonder the city and do some last minute shopping and take another look at the Towers. Now you can go up to the top bit - that means getting there early in the morning and queuing for tickets that still get you up until some time next week so for us that was out of the question.
Reflections in the city
The Patronas towers were the tallest towers in the world from 1998 to 2004 and still remain the tallest twin towers. These towers are a land mark in KL and to see them both during the day and lit up at night is quite impressive. The exterior is clad with 85,000 sq m of stainless steel which gives it its awesome appearance from the outside day or night.



The Patronas towers
Absolutely STUNNING


Stainless steel cladding
A very clean looking building



From the inside central shopping plaza looking
 up by the elevator.
So many places to take photos from where is the best??
I would need to spend more time here for that!


The KL tower 


The view from our room in the Radius hotel
 When Ronnie came back to KL after getting his bike into a crate and set to go to Bali he checked in to the Comfort Inn which is the yellow and blue building in this photo, upon checking in on him later it turned out to be anything but comfortable.
This sign in the foyer of the Radius International is a serious
 warning when checking in there

(little did I know)
Our experience in the Radius had been great the first time we had stayed there and we had decided to check back in for our last few days in the city. We knew where it was and what was around it so familiarity as they say breeds content and we felt for the location it was a reasonable price. Upon checking in for the second time we were given a room on the 9th floor but after checking the wifi on that floor it was just about non existent so we returned to the lobby and requested a room on the 13th or 14th floor where we had been a week earlier and knew the signal to be better. After waiting 35 minutes for the other room to be cleaned we got set up in the room and went out for dinner.
The following day we spent until 2pm in the room doing research for Aus and doing a couple of blogs then decided to go out and have one final look at the city. We hopped on the mono rail and headed over to the Petronas towers as I wanted to get a few shots of the towers at night so the afternoon was spent wondering around the shopping mall then having dinner at a nice pub in the tower complex. We then grabbed a cab back to the hotel but before going in decided to have a drink in the Irish Bar on the corner. At around 10 pm we returned to our room and as soon as we opened the door I noticed my LAPTOP was missing from the desk where I had left it charging.
I immediately went to reception to report the incident and thats when everything started to move sloooowly. I think to say the staff acted badly is an understatement. The manager was called and informed me that they had CCTV so not to worry they could find out who had been in my room, Great I said lets have a look and get the Bastard!!! But it was not going to be that easy. First the reports had to be filled in then they would call the police and I would have to go to the station to fill in a report then one of their officers would come to the hotel and then and only then could we look at the tapes. All of this I did and when I returned with a sergeant who said OK lets see the CCTV the reply was well we have to call our security chief in and that will take about 45mins. I started back with WHAT!! Why is he not here already you know what has happened and you didn't call him in!!! Well to cut a very long night short we got into see the tapes and it turned out to be, YES!! wait for it but one on their own security guys that had gone into our room at 8pm and stolen my lap top. The whole thing was on tape as the camera just happened to be out  side our room. OK I said lets go get him but no they decided that it would be better if they waited until the next day as he was going to be coming in at 8am and they could get him then. Well as it turned out he had changed his shift and was not going to be in until 8 pm so it was decided that the police would visit him at home only to find out he had moved and nobody knew where to. Needless to say he never came into work and I dont think they will see him again. So we left that night heading to Aus and we have had no correspondence from anybody at the hotel and I don't think we will.
We emailed them from Aus but have had no reply and lets face it I am not going to hold my breath for that one. I guess on a positive note I am lucky, for some reason I backed up my computer the night before and to be honest it had been giving me a bit of trouble as it was so full of photos and music I had been seriously thinking of getting a new one anyway. So now I am the owner of a brand new MacBook Air which I am learning to use quite happily.
But on a final note DONT STAY IN THE RADIUS INTERNATIONAL IN KL!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment