Saturday, December 18, 2010

Paper work

Posted by Picasa

Paper work it is what every country thrives on and Egypt is no different.
Clearing out of Jordan and getting in to Egypt cost about $430.00
The ferry was expensive $142 JOD thats about $205.00 Canadian  for a one hour ferry ride
 Exit tax from Jordan$5.00 for the bike and $8.00 per person JOD
Entry into Egypt
Visa $15.00 US (Visas are always in US??)
530.00 EGP $95.00 Can to process Carnet for bike
10 EGP to copy Vin # of bike by way of wax and rubbing
100EGP for temp Licence plate thats the yellow thing
130EGP for one month insurance
And yes I even got a temp drivers Licence for Egypt (Im keeping that to give to the cops when I get home) Also a mass of paper that has to be copied and taken from one office to an other then checked by everybody.
The difficult thing is you never really know where to go next or what to do but I must say entering in to Egypt was great because I had the help of one of the officials in Uniform that walked me through the whole thing and even lent me some cash until I could get to the ATM.
So as our new friend Ronni said the most important thing to take to the border is PATIENCE!!


No comments :

Post a Comment