Saturday, March 12, 2011

Nagarkot, A trip into the mountains


We had arranged with Suraj that after the bike was packed we would take a trip up to Nagarkot and spend the night in a hotel up there to watch the sun rise and set on the Himalayans..
The plaque on top of our hotel gives the
height of 7200 ft
The view was great but we couldn't say the same for the hotel The food was bad and after eating a hamburger I got really sick and spent the night in the bathroom ( yes and after surviving India) to make things worse it was freezing, no heating system in the hotel at all so Chenty slept fully dressed and my feet got so cold I had them cramping up until I put some socks on and I hate sleeping in socks.

As the sun goes down the mountains turn a
 beautiful crimson color
Some very hardy campers in a field near our hotel
At six am we are on the roof to see the sun rise
We were never the less up at six am to watch the sun come up unfortunately as Everest sits due east of the hotel we didn't get to see her
What a view
The other mountains were just as spectular
I think we might have to come back to Nepal
 and do some 
trekking


No comments :

Post a Comment