Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Off to Tangiers - Morroco


Tangiers on the Comarit Fast Cat Ferry - 30mins trip on a
very cool boat!















Inside the ferry to Tangiers





My first impressions of MOROCCO

Oh my god, i found out that Trevor and I differ, he is an adventurer and Im not, well at least not as much as i thought i was! What a surprise that is to me and to admit that, the voice in my head says yes you are but my reactions to Morocco definately show different.

We rode off the fast cat from Tariffa, Spain and into Tangiers, Morocco, it only takes 30min for the crossing, very nice ship i must say, posh. Tangiers is like a white concrete jungle, traffic everywhere, the men at the ferry terminal wondering around in unofficial gear saying they are official and then expecting bribe money. Trev did give some money to one guy who asked and then decided to say he didn’t have any more. They didn’t like our bike papers much, not official enough for them but eventually we got on our way.

After riding for about 20 min i didn’t feel good,, it was my ears, my throat and my chest all felt pressurized, didn’t know if it was heartburn, which i don’t get, or what, looking back maybe it was anxiety cause this place is different and lets face it i have only really ever seen anything i knew to date from the news and the tv, which was usually never good, anyway the feeling eventually went away. Its the first time ive been out of my comfort zone, i think, its not that im scared being here its just that men do seem to rule and be the predominant species everywhere and they all talk to Trev like Danni said, and seeing all the signs etc in Arabic it was weird this land is very different.

Posted by Picasa

No comments :

Post a Comment