Thursday, March 10, 2011

Buddha Air

This was a bucket list thing for me and two days before I said to Chenty maybe we should not bother as we will be flying out from the Kathmandu Airport and we will see it when we leave but after talking to a few people they said that the plane leaves in the other direction so we decided to do it but at a cost of $160.00 each it was a tuff one to do!! But then Kathmandu has been pretty cheap at about $50.00 per day

Two hours late due to bad weather we are off

Once in the air the view was fantastic
The total flight time was one hour. I must admit that I was a little disappointed that we didn't get closer  I think I was expecting to fly around the TOP!
What a great name for the Airline
I think if I want to get closer I will have to come back and do the 18 day base camp trek
Any body want to join me??
I think this is Everest with its head in the clouds

Every one gets a window seat
Inside the plane we were allowed up to the cockpit to chat with the two female pilots and have them point out the different peaks.

Our altitude was 19500 feet Still a long way from the top

No comments :

Post a Comment